The Four Mile Creek habitat restoration project
has resulted in strong fish returns
It's just one of hundreds of environmental success stories
Whatcom’s family farmers have been showing strong leadership in environmental performance for years:
- Restoring fish-friendly riparian zones
- Helping plant over 1.5 million stream-side seedlings
- Augmenting stream flow in the Bertrand Creek in late summer when natural flow is lowest and the fish need cool, clean water
- Protecting water quality so nitrate levels from fifty years ago are now going down
- Adding fish-friendly floodgates
- Hosting our visiting winter waterfowl
- So much more
It’s time farmers let you know what we’ve been doing to keep this the best place possible to live by providing real environmental action and leadership.
It’s not just empty talk. It’s REAL: Real Environmental Action and Leadership.